background

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Bitter End

Today was not the best day in my single girls life. I feel as if I must stick to my 30 things to do by 30 so I don't do stupid things that I shouldn't just because I am bored. I must keep up with the task at hand. Keeping busy, being social, and having fun. So because it was such a bad day, I called a girlfriend, we went to the new hot spot in Dallas to have a drink to feel invigorated. We happen to sit next to two guys in business attire. We look over, make eye contact, and continue on our conversation about our day. We talk about gossip, and then somehow strike up a conversation with 'the guys next door". We will call them "white and stripes" because of the button down shirts they were wearing. Whites and stripes start taking to us saying, "I know you have been ease dropping on our conversation the whole time. I have been listening and watching you talking about our conversation". My friend and I look at each other, not sure what he is talking about, but it is somewhat true but we really tried to listen, just wasn't interested in what they were talking about. We did talk how they were cute and why we need to come down there more often to check out the cute boys. So to be honest, he was not far from the truth. We started talking about what we do, he mentions he has a girlfriend(boo) and he says, "I bet you blog about us tonight". Little does he know, yes I will blog about white and stripes and he is now technically famous. He goes on to make an observation that I am bitter. Dagger to the heart, he said it, and to be honest, I think he is right. I, Rhinestone Cowgirl, am bitter...but just a little bit. Ok, a lot. It really hit home for me, because this is not the first time in the past few months that a guy has said that. So here I am, bitter. How am I ever going to find Mr. Right if I am bitter? So, today, I vow, to work on my non-bitterness. And to be much more open and excited when talking to the opposite sex.

Here is a quote a friend shared with me:

Sometimes it's okay to want to refresh your mind. Delete all your problems, undo all your mistakes and save all the happy moments.

I need to let go of the past relationships and hopefully Mr. Right will be right around the corner. If not, he will keep passing me by because I was bitter. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment